The Parliamentary Control of the Administration
The Parliamentary Control of the Administration (PCA) is the evaluation service of the Federal Assembly. It conducts studies on behalf of the Control Committees (CC) on the legality, expediency and effectiveness of the activities of the federal authorities. When commissioned to do so, the PCA can also scrutinise the effectiveness of federal government measures on behalf of other parliamentary committees.
Recently finished evaluations
Use of experts in the federal administration:
brief evaluation as part of a follow-up investigation
The use of external experts in the Federal Administration has been more clearly regulated and has become more transparent in recent years. The statistical analyses applied in procurement controlling are generally appropriate; however, there are shortcomings in the in-depth monitoring process. The expert mandates are not recorded uniformly and the controlling reports do not provide sufficient meaningful information.
Information on ongoing evaluations can be found in the
- Extra-Parliamentary Administrative Commission
- Coronavirus crisis : use of scientific knowledge by the FOPH
- Parliamentary involvement in the field of soft law
- Groundwater protection in Switzerland
- Controlling of Offset Implementation
- Case Assignment by the Federal Courts