Philippe Schwab has been head of the Parliamentary Services since
1 July 2013.
He also heads the management board as well as the Secretariat of the National Council and of the United Federal Assembly.
The Secretary General’s main role is to ensure that the activities of Parliament and its bodies run smoothly. He answers to the
Administration Delegation for the proper management of the Parliamentary Services.
Philippe Schwab was elected on 16 November 2012 by the Conference for Coordination of the Federal Assembly (Office of the National Council and Office of the Council of States). The Federal Assembly confirmed the nomination on
12 December 2012.
Curriculum vitae of Philippe Schwab
Previous positions within the Parliamentary Services
- Political Science Scholarship Foundation, member of the board, Bern
- Association of Secretaries General of Parliaments (ASGP), member of the executive committee, Geneva/Paris/London
- Association of Secretaries General of Francophone Parliaments (ASGPF), Dakar/Paris
- Swiss Society for Parliamentary Affairs, Zurich
- Swiss Evaluation Society, Bern/Fribourg
Publications and communications (selection)